Join your Florida friends and colleagues at the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB) 46th Annual Scientific Meeting in Austin, Texas March 11 - 14, 2015. For more information and to register, click on the image above. The AAPB Annual Meeting features cutting edge science and clinical information for the biofeedback and neurofeedback practitioner. And, the Austin meeting will be held in conjunction with the renowned South By Southwest music and culture festival this year. BSF wants the prize for the best represented state society at the meeting. See you in Austin!
Now is a great time to join BSF or renew your membership!
Support BSF and enjoy the benefits of professional affiliation
BSF membership renews annually and remains a great value at only $30. Your member benefits include:
- Significant discounts on tuition at world class, APA approved CE conferences held twice a year
- A subscription to Florida Biofeedback, BSF’s periodic news publication
- Inclusion in the BSF Searchable Find A Provider Directory
- Patient/client referrals
- Networking with other professionals
- Access to clinical, practice, and technical information through BSF’s member information service
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR APPLY ON LINE
Do you know about the State of Florida process for licensed
health care professionals to report CE/CME credit?
If you are a health care professional who has attended or is planning to attend a BSF continuing education (CE) workshop, the following information about receiving CE credit toward license renewal will be of interest to you.
In 2012 the Florida Dept. of Health (FDH) changed its license renewal process to include a requirement that CE credit be posted to their electronic tracking system. The system is administered through CE Broker and the basic tracking service is now free.
BSF CE programs are co-sponsored by our national organization, the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), which is an APA approved CE provider. This enables our workshop participants to receive credit if their profession accepts APA approved CE programs, as do the Florida 490 (psychologists) and 491 (LMHC’s, LCSW’s, MFT’s) licensing boards. Other licensed professionals should check with their boards to determine if APA approved CE credit is acceptable.
To receive license renewal credit for attendance at BSF meetings, you will need to report your attendance yourself. The CE Broker online form makes the process quite easy. Here are the steps for BSF program participants to follow when reporting their CE credit:
- Login to the CE Broker site using your ID and password. You can also set up a new account here. The free option is the "Just the Basics" alternative.
- Click on the "Begin Reporting" button
- On the Submissions Options page, choose the first option; "Continuing education from a national or rule approved organization"
- Provide the requested information about the CE program on the "Report CE Credit" pages. When asked for the name of the CE provider, type in "Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback and The Biofeedback Society of Florida".
- Question 3 of the Report CE Credit section asks for the name of the organization that approved the course/provider. Click the circle in front of "American Psychological Association (APA)".
- Next you will be asked to provide your certificate of attendance for the CE program, either by faxing it or attaching a digital copy. For all future BSF programs, we will provide your certificate in PDF format to make it easy to submit. For previous meetings, you will need to follow the instructions for faxing.
- Follow the instructions to submit your finished application for CE credit and you're done.