Join your friends and colleagues for this cutting edge, 12 credit CE program to be held January 25 - 26, 2014 at the The Florida Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando.
Interventions for Post-Concussion Syndrome
based on a Multi-modal
(QEEG, EEG Evoked Potential, HRV)
Heart - Brain Connections:
Neuroanatomy Underlies the Effectiveness of
Lynda Thompson, Ph.D. & Michael Thompson, Ph.D.
Updated information about registration and lodging will appear here soon. Mark your calendar for this can't miss BSF event.
State announces new process for licensed
health care professionals to report CE/CME credit
If you are a health care professional planning to attend a BSF continuing education (CE) workshop, the following information about receiving CE credit toward license renewal will be of interest to you.
Recently the Florida Dept. of Health (FDH) changed its license renewal process to include a requirement that CE credit be posted to their electronic tracking system. The system is administered through CE Broker and the basic tracking service is now free.
BSF CE programs are co-sponsored by our national organization, the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), which is an APA approved CE provider. This enables our workshop participants to receive credit if their profession accepts APA approved CE programs, as do the Florida 490 (psychologists) and 491 (LMHC’s, LCSW’s, MFT’s) licensing boards. Other licensed professionals should check with their boards to determine if APA approved CE credit is acceptable.
To receive license renewal credit for attendance at BSF meetings, you will need to report your attendance yourself. The CE Broker online form makes the process quite easy. Here are the steps for BSF program participants to follow when reporting their CE credit:
- Login to the CE Broker site using your ID and password. You can also set up a new account here. The free option is the "Just the Basics" alternative.
- Click on the "Begin Reporting" button
- On the Submissions Options page, choose the first option; "Continuing education from a national or rule approved organization"
- Provide the requested information about the CE program on the "Report CE Credit" pages. When asked for the name of the CE provider, type in "Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback and The Biofeedback Society of Florida".
- Question 3 of the Report CE Credit section asks for the name of the organization that approved the course/provider. Click the circle in front of "American Psychological Association (APA)".
- Next you will be asked to provide your certificate of attendance for the CE program, either by faxing it or attaching a digital copy. For all future BSF programs, we will provide your certificate in PDF format to make it easy to submit. For previous meetings, you will need to follow the instructions for faxing.
- Follow the instructions to submit your finished application for CE credit and you're done.